Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Paragraph Analysis

A Detailed Analysis of The Nine Sections of My QRG Draft

In this post, I include a link to an analysis on the effectiveness of my Quick Reference Guide's paragraphs. I decided to analyze the nine sections of my QRG, including the introduction, and the paragraphs that comprise them. However, I focused on the sections as wholes rather than focusing intensely on each individual paragraph due to the short nature of paragraphs in QRG and the amount of such concise paragraphs. Additionally, in this post I reflect on what I learned about my writing style and structure from conducting this analysis. 

geralt, "Problem Analysis Mark Marker Hand Solution" March 2015 via pixabay.com.
CC0 Public Domain License.

The link to my analysis of the sections of my Quick Reference can be found here.

What I learned from this exercise in analyzing my own work was that my main strength is the logical flow of my paragraphs and sections, while my weakness in my writing may be that my paragraphs within the various sections of my QRG weren't split where they needed to be. In examining every paragraph, I found that each sentence logically flowed into the next in a way that lent itself to the explanatory nature of the QRG. I hope to keep that quality of my writing intact as I revise and add to my piece, as I think it is my greatest asset in the organization of my QRG. However, I now plan to revise where my paragraphs are divided, as I spotted multiple instances in my QRG where two separate ideas were not properly separated across two paragraphs, or at least not in the most effective way. I hope to remedy this issue so that my sectioning of my paragraphs and QRG makes perfect sense, which will make it easier to read in addition to making it easier to scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment